Are you trying to learn a 3D software program that will help you give you an edge at your architecture job?
Do you want to hone your skills to make you more efficient at 3D modeling?
Would you like to quickly understand the basics of a program that will help you become a more advanced 3D modeler?
SketchUp Architecture covers all you need to know about basic 3D Computer Modeling in SketchUp.
7+ HOURS OF HIGH QUALITY, ENGAGING VIDEOS TO HELP YOU LEVEL UP YOUR SKETCHUP SKILLS
Get this class if you're serious about building a 3D Modeling skill set to level up your architecture career. This is everything I wish I knew when I started using SketchUp as a creative designer and architect. Through these video lessons, I share each step of the successful workflow I've used on my own projects.
This course covers every step along the process of planning, modeling, editing, and completing a basic house model in SketchUp.
LEARN THE ESSENTIAL TOOLS OF BASIC 3D MODELING IN SKETCHUP
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- You’ll be comfortable navigating within SketchUp, creating new projects, designing in 3D, and saving your projects for any purpose.
- You’ll learn how to set up a file properly and develop your models thoroughly as you would in an office.
- You’ll learn how to use the essential drawing tools in SketchUp for modeling in 3D space.
- You’ll learn the differences between building a computer model and constructing an actual building.
- You’ll understand the differences between SketchUp on Mac and Windows platforms.
- You’ll know how to use best practices with toolbars, trays, and shortcuts that will make you more efficient in any SketchUp model.
- You’ll learn how to move through 3D space with the various camera tools SketchUp provides you.
- You’ll learn how to model basic building components in 3D such as walls, doors, windows, stairs, handrails, millwork, casework, and more.
- You’ll learn how to develop materials within SketchUp and use them in your model to convey your ideas.
- You’ll learn how to create a house from scratch in SketchUp and have that model as proof that you can use the program.
- You’ll acquire a working knowledge of SketchUp that will make you ready for a job in an Architecture Office or give you an edge.
- You’ll HAVE FUN!
GET INSIDER TIPS AND TRICKS FROM AN ARCHITECT WHO HAS USED SKETCHUP FOR OVER 12 YEARS
LEARN THE BEST PRACTICES THAT WILL SET YOU APART AT YOUR FIRM
WHO IS SKETCHUP ARCHITECTURE FOR?
Beginners AND advanced architectural designers, architects, and drafters. If you want to learn how to use SketchUp in the most efficient ways possible, this is the course for you, no matter where you're starting from.
People who want to evolve their architectural careers. Are you tired of the position you're in? Well, you have a say in how you transform your career into something amazing. Learning new skills and honing existing ones are the fundamental ways you can change your value in a firm.
People who want to learn other software. Wait, what? Yep, SketchUp is like a gateway program to almost every other 3D modeling software out there. It's going to be much harder to master those programs though if you don't know how to use SketchUp. Why not learn it the right way?
LEARN HOW TO SET UP YOUR MODEL WITH CAMERA TOOLS AND PRESENT IT TO THE WORLD
TOOLS YOU GET WITH SKETCHUP ARCHITECTURE
Frequently Asked Questions
Michael LaValley is the registered architect, career strategist, and blogging entrepreneur behind Evolving Architect. His website acts as a guide to fellow professionals looking to improve in every aspect of architectural practice. He has been using SketchUp for over 12 years and knows the correct methods and workflows for architectural design applications.
"I highly recommend Michael LaValley as a mentor and as a source for knowledge and guidance."
- Kailey McDermott, Junior Architect